Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tetris Plus+


I almost feel bad to admit that my first experience of Tetris came on the platform of a cell phone. Regardless of the delivery method I was instantly hooked as my attention to the outside world diminished at the hands of the block-formed shapes. The origin of the game takes us back to a student by the name of Alexey Pajintov at the Academy of Science of the USSR located in the capital, Moscow. The game started out as a computer based puzzle game requiring players to create full lines using the given shapes cascading from the top of the monitor. The year I was born, 1989, the world saw the explosion of Teris. Released onto its first handheld game console, the Game Boy, creating a lasting impression onto the gaming community. Although the colors of the seven random blocks have changed from year to year, over one platform to the next, the main components have remained. As the technology in the world transformed into binary and digital-everything the game was brought to the mobile platform and even newly made graphing calculators. A great way for kids, such as me and my first experience, to appreciate the work of a man long before our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment